How can the California Amnesty Program Reduce my Ticket Fees?

Orange County DUI Lawyer

How can the California Amnesty Program Reduce my Ticket Fees?

Table of Contents

I love this time of the year. The sales are great. You can get a TV for under 300 bucks and build a brand new computer for under 400 and run Crysis on it. But one of the best deals out there is the California Amnesty Program coming up in a few weeks.  This program will let you pay off that ticket you’ve been putting off.  I’m talking that ticket that has been holding your license and making you drive illegally. Yes my friend! You too can start driving legally again!

Starting January 1st through June 30th, 2012, drivers who have old unpaid traffic tickets might be able to catch a break. Certain unpaid traffic tickets are eligible for a 50 percent discount – if you clear the debt during this 6 month amnesty period.

The program includes all adult and juvenile vehicle code and non vehicle code infractions. Other traffic tickets due to be paid before January 1, 2009 could qualify too, but you will have to check with the court in the county where you got the ticket.

There are exclusions: no parking tickets, no DUIs, no reckless driving are eligible for the discount.*


Now here is the fine print – ALL of the following conditions must be met to be eligible:

  • You have an outstanding traffic debt that was due to be paid in full before January 1, 2009;
  • The last date you made a payment was on or before January 1, 2009;
  • You either failed to appear in court or failed to pay in ful;
  • You do not owe restitution to a victim on any case within the county where the violation was filed; AND
  • You have no outstanding misdemeanor or felony warrants within the county where the violation was filed.


If other fees and assessments were added to your original fine, those will also be discounted 50 percent. The total amount you owe can be cut in half. You will have to pay if off in one lump sum, but you may be able to use a credit card. Cash and checks usually work, too. For details, and to check eligibility for your overdue court-ordered debt, contact me or the court where you got your violation after January 1, 2012.


Related Articles

You may also be interested in

Monthly Newsletter

Law Offices of Mark A. Gallagher

Whether it’s a DUI, domestic violence, suspended license, traffic tickets, or any other criminal matter, the Law Offices of Mark A. Gallagher can help. Schedule your FREE consultation below or call us at 800-797-8406. For more information, visit