Military Diversion: Everything you need to know about this little-known diversion program

military diversion program

Military Diversion: Everything you need to know about this little-known diversion program

Table of Contents

I. Military Diversion

What is military diversion? Military diversion allows people being accused of a misdemeanor to have his/her case dismissed after successful completion of a program set by the court. Depending on the nature of the case, the diversion program will vary on a case by case basis. The aim of the program is generally aimed towards getting the proper treatment for the participant.

II. How to Get Approved for Military Diversion

You must be charged with a misdemeanor, and be a current or former member of the United States military. In addition, you must be suffering from sexual trauma, traumatic brain injury, post-traumatic stress disorder, substance abuse or mental health problems as a result of your military service.

III. What to Expect

During military diversion, we will have to provide progress reports to the court no less than every six months. Progress reports consist of any treatment that you’ve been receiving throughout the diversion program.  The diversion program can last up to two (2) years.

IV. Teamwork

california dui laws

As your attorneys, we are part of your team. Our main goal is to help you get approved for diversion, and take care of all the legal matters and court appearances after you’ve been admitted into a diversion program. We will guide you through the entire process to get the best possible outcome for your particular case.

V. Do DUI’s Qualify for Military Diversion?

Yes! Unlike other diversion programs, military diversion permits current and former military members  who are facing DUI charges to participate in diversion and have his or her DUI charges dismissed upon successful completion of their program. Having your case dismissed means that the incident can be treated as it never occurred. Therefore, you do not have to disclose your arrest or case when asked if you have a criminal record.

VI. We Can Help

If you are a current or former military member and are facing misdemeanor criminal charges, please contact us. We may be able to help you get approved for diversion and guide you through the process which will result upon dismissal upon successful completion of the diversion program. Please give our offices a call for your free consultation by calling 800-797-8406 or visit our website: for more information.

Related Articles

You may also be interested in

Monthly Newsletter

Law Offices of Mark A. Gallagher

Whether it’s a DUI, domestic violence, suspended license, traffic tickets, or any other criminal matter, the Law Offices of Mark A. Gallagher can help. Schedule your FREE consultation below or call us at 800-797-8406. For more information, visit