VC 22349 – Help With Your Speeding Ticket

VC 22349 – Help With Your Speeding Ticket

Table of Contents

What is VC 22349?

Perhaps you ended up in traffic court with a charge of VC 22349. VC 22349 (a) is the California vehicle code section for speeding at a rate higher than 65 miles per hour. VC 22349 (b) is a less commonly issued traffic ticket, and it is for traveling over 55 mph on a 2 lane highway.

Will I Be Convicted in Traffic Court of VC 22349?

You are guilty of the charge of VC 22349 (a) if:

  1. You were driving
  2. A vehicle
  3. On a highway
  4. At a speed greater than 65 miles per hour.

You are guilty of VC 22349 (b) if:

  1. You were driving
  2. A vehicle
  3. On a two-lane, undivided highway
  4. At a speed greater than 55 miles per hour.

Some people just want to know how to pay a speeding ticket, and be on their merry way. Others are interested in fighting the traffic ticket, or they at least want to evaluate their chances in succeeding if they were to fight the ticket. Just remember: the officer must prove those above elements beyond a reasonable doubt. If there is any reasonable doubt as to one or more of the above elements, then you should be found not guilty.

What Are the Consequences of Being Convicted of VC 22349?

VC 22349 is considered a “moving violation,” which means you will receive a point on your driving record if you’re convicted, or if you plead guilty or no contest to the charge. Because VC 22349 is a moving violation, you are looking at getting a point on your record unless you win at trial or unless you are traffic school eligible. Consequences also include fines of between $300 – $500, depending on whether this is a first offense or not, and also depending on whether or you not you have a failure to appear associated with this ticket.

Getting Help and Answering Further Questions About VC 22349

It usually makes the most sense to hire an attorney in cases where you are not traffic school eligible, because the cost of the attorney is overshadowed by the potential increase in your insurance premium if you get a point on your record. Even if you ARE traffic school eligible, in many cases an experienced attorney can get your fines down significantly, keep your DMV and criminal record neat and tidy, and help you avoid the headache of going to court. Feel free to contact me anytime if you have any further questions about whether you should hire an attorney, or if you have questions about VC 22349. You can also reach me by phone at 310-200-4519 or by email at



Related Articles

You may also be interested in

Monthly Newsletter

Law Offices of Mark A. Gallagher

Whether it’s a DUI, domestic violence, suspended license, traffic tickets, or any other criminal matter, the Law Offices of Mark A. Gallagher can help. Schedule your FREE consultation below or call us at 800-797-8406. For more information, visit