Los Angeles County Small Claims Forms

Los Angeles County Small Claims Forms

Table of Contents

Attorney Christopher J McCannWhat Kinds Of Los Angeles County Small Claims Forms Are There?

Anyone one who wants to file a lawsuit in a small claims court in Los Angeles can visit or write to a small claims court, or even visit www.courtinfo.ca.gov to obtain all the Los Angeles County small claims forms. Usually, it is quite easy to complete these forms; however, reading information for the Form SC-100-INFO, Small Claims Plaintiff form, can be helpful. This form is obtained when filing the claim in the small claims court.

A majority of the LA County small claims forms available online may be completed on your computer. Varying from court to court, these forms can often be filed by via the Internet or by fax.

There are actually different groups of small claims form.

Form SC-103, the Fictitious Business Name (declaration), is another form that may be needed by a plaintiff when filing a suit in a small claims court. When fictitious business names are used by businesses, this form must be signed and filed with court.

Ultimately, plaintiffs have to approve a date for the hearing that the small claims court clerk has selected or have to select their own date for the hearing. However, doing so, enough time should be allowed so that the defendant can be located and a copy of the plaintiff’s claims form, Form SC-100, can be served to the defendant. When filing a suit in a small claims court, the plaintiff has to pay a filing fee. If affording this expense is not possible for the plaintiff, the court may forgive or waive it. In this case, Form FW-001, the Waive Court Fees form can be filled by the plaintiff to request the court to waive the fees. Plaintiffs may also check Form FW-001-INFO to find out what standards the court may use to approve or deny the application.

Thus, these were some of the Los Angeles County small claims forms that a plaintiff may have to obtain when filing a suit in a small claims court in Los Angeles.

About Guest Post Author: 

Christopher J McCann is a Criminal Defense and OC DUI Attorney serving Southern California, including Orange County and Los Angeles County. Mr. McCann writes about traffic and criminal defense topics for several leading online media publications. Such as the original advice that was featured on this post “6 THINGS NOT TO SAY TO YOUR INSURER, OR A COP, AFTER AN ACCIDENT” written by journalist Aaron Crowe. You can also read his blog for informative legal articles like Benefits Of Attending A Driving School to Should You Fight a Speeding Ticket in Court?


Related Articles

You may also be interested in

Monthly Newsletter

Law Offices of Mark A. Gallagher

Whether it’s a DUI, domestic violence, suspended license, traffic tickets, or any other criminal matter, the Law Offices of Mark A. Gallagher can help. Schedule your FREE consultation below or call us at 800-797-8406. For more information, visit  www.socaldefenselawyers.com