UIM Coverage

Table of Contents

California drivers are required to purchase auto insurance. In addition to the California mandated liability coverage, insurance companies are also required by law to include Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury coverage (UIM coverage) unless you specifically decline this coverage in writing.

UIM coverage will protect you and also passengers in your car when involved in an accident. In addition, UIM coverage covers you and relatives with whom you live if you are in an accident while occupying someone else’s car. You also have the option of purchasing what is called underinsured motorist coverage. Underinsured motorist coverage comes into play when another’s insurance policy that you are making a claim against is less than the value of your injury because it pays the difference between the total damages for your injury and the other driver’s insurance limits.

Purchasing this extra coverage is smart planning. Irrespective of the tough economic times, UIM can save you money and compensate you and your family if you are unfortunately in an accident.

If you are seeking legal advice, contact Paul Nathan Taylor at 310-967-9088 or e-mail: ptaylor@taylorlawgroup.net

Related Articles

You may also be interested in

Monthly Newsletter

Law Offices of Mark A. Gallagher

Whether it’s a DUI, domestic violence, suspended license, traffic tickets, or any other criminal matter, the Law Offices of Mark A. Gallagher can help. Schedule your FREE consultation below or call us at 800-797-8406. For more information, visit  www.socaldefenselawyers.com